Hi My crafty friends 🙂
My friend Desyne found this beautiful little card on Face Book, made by Bernadette Lewin, and she asked me if we could make this in one of my classes. So we did.
I just love this card, as it uses the new Tree Line Boarder Thin cuts. I think that this would make a great card for a baby’s first Christmas.
This one is made in Crystal Blue
and this one is in the new Bashful card stock.
Here are the instructions, measurements and video:
Bashful or Crystal Blue Card Front: 4’ x 4’
White Daisy 1385 Matting panel: 3-3/4’ x 3-3/4’
Bashful or Crystal Blue Matting panel: 3-1/2’ x 3-1/2’
White Daisy Front panel: 3’ x 3’
Basic Circle Thin Cut Z3318 : 2-1/2’
White Daisy for Tree Line Boarder: 5-1/4’ x 1-1/2’
Pebble X5955 Card stock for the globe base: 1-1/2’ x 2-1/2’
Clear Acetate Square: 2-3/4’ x 2-3/4’
Silver Embossing Powder Z2067 and Heat Gun
The base of the snow globe is from the stamp of the month Christmas Tunes S1710, this months stamp.
- Once you have scored the card in half on the 8′ side. Score a line from the top right hand corner to the bottom score line, as shown in the picture.
- Add adhesive to the bottom triangle and attach the Bashful card front.
- Attach the White Daisy panel to the card front.
- Attach the Bashful matting panel with 3D foam dots.
- Using the 2-1/2’ basic circle, place it 1/2′ down from the top of the 3’ x 3’ White Daisy front panel and cut. Keep the circle.
- Using the tree line thin cuts. Cut out two of the double tree line and attach them in layers to the 2-1 circle and trim the excess away to fit the circle shape.
- Lay the front panel on top of the Bashful matting panel. Add adhesive to the back of the circle and place into the circle cut out.
- Lift of the front panel of and add some Bitty Sparkles and Clear Sparkles to the trees as well as some clear shimmer brush.
- Place the 2-3/4’ square clear sheet onto the back of the circle with glue dots.
- Add 3D foam dots to the back of the front panel and place it over the top of the tree covered circle.
- Stamp just the base of the Snow Globe onto the piece of Pebble card stock with Versamark ink. Add Silver embossing powder and heat set in place.
- Then cut out around the base section.
- Using 3D foam dots attach this to the base of the circle so that it just overlaps the circle and looks like a snow globe.
- Fold back the card and add a large Bashful pearl as a stopper for the card front.
- Add small Bashful Pearls to the corners of the front panel. This card comes from Bernadette Lewin, and is Desyne’s request
I hope that you like my version of Bernadette’s card and give it a go .
so till next time,
Keep on creating and bye for now 🙂
Colleen V xxx