This is the little Lady bug that I made to go inside the card-in-a-box. I placed one on a piece of laminate so that it looked like it was floating above the flowers and the other two went on to the flowers.
this is the little punch that I used. Its from Lincraft and its a Sullivans punch, it measures 5/8’x 7/16′ its really great for chook eggs or pirate noses or ears but I used it for the body and the wings.
When I made the first lady bug I hand drew the dots with a black pen but I received my order the next day and found this stamp set that I had ordered and thought that the centre of the flower would make great spots on the wings.
Stamp a small section of the Ruby then punch out with the small oval punch. Punch out a black one as well. Using a 1/4′ hand punch. Punch out a circle for the head in black. With a pare of scissors cut up the middle of the small oval but not all the way through, leave about 1/16′ attached.
Dauber around the edges with the matching ink and add glue as shown. Attach the wings to the body (making sure that you can see some of the body) and then attach the head.
Cut a very small slither of black card stock to make the feelers and glue to the back of the head. Using a glue dot attach to the laminate and then to the card.
If you don’t have a small oval you could always us a 1/2′ circle punch or if you have a Cricut you could cut one at 3/4′.
I use all small scrap pieces for this project.
Till next time, keep on creating 😉