I taught this card in my advanced card class a couple of weeks ago and every one loved it!
If you have never made a pop-up card before then give this one a go 🙂
Here are the instructions and measurements that I printed out for my lady’s.
Daffodil Pop-Up card
Card stock: 6’x 8’ Score @ 4’
Pop-Up piece: 4’ x 3-1/4’
Score on the 3-1/4’ side @ 1/2′, 1’, 1-1/2’ & 2’
Front Matting: 5-3/4’ x 3-3/4’
Front panel: 5-5/8’ x 3-5/8’
Punch or cut out 5 flowers @ 1’ in size (I cut mine from the Art Philosophy cartridge, page 39 flower7 cut @1 and the centre is page 41 circle3 cut @1/2’)
Cut 3 strips of green card stock @ 1/8’ x 12’
Hand cut the leaves from green card stock or if you have a Cricut cut it from the Plantin Schoolbook cartridge, page 69 cut the grass @ 2’
Cut 3 pieces of acetate @ 1/4′
- Using the scallop punch, punch the pop-up piece on the opposite end to the scoring (on the 4’ side)
- Add some glue to the 1st 1/2′ section(as shown)
- Fold over (as shown) so that it forms a square.
- Add Liquid Glass to the 1/8’ green strip and stick to the 1/4′ piece of acetate. (This forms the stems of the flowers)
- Glue the grass to the back of the pop-up piece. (as shown)
- Dauber around the flowers and the centres.
- Add the stems to the leaves (making sure that the tallest one is only 2-3/4’ tall and smaller.
- Add the flowers with Liquid Glass or glue dots.
- Add Liquid Glass to the bottom and side of the pop-up piece (as shown)
- Place into the middle of the card on the fold line and close the card shut. Rub to secure to the card. (as shown)
- Using the stamp set “A Little Note” A1171 stamp the Daffodil to the front panel on the left hand side, and the greeting from the stamp set C1607 “Someone Special” and on the inside “ If friends were flowers I’d pick you” .
- Using the Blender Pen and ink colour in the flowers or you could use some markers or the watercolour pencils.
- Add the front panel to the matting panel and attach to the front of the card.
Colleen V Independent Close To My Heart Consultant
A Collsey’s original card
I’m sorry for all the stops and starts but I needed to get this done quickly as they were turning the power off the other day.
I had an OMG moment just after filming and that was if you cut the 1/8′ piece on the fake acetate @ 2-3/4′ then you know that they will be the right length for your flowers.
And if you are hand cutting the grass/leaves they need to measure 2′ tall x 3-7/8′ long.
I hope that you give this card ago.
Till next time, keep on creating 😉