I taught this card at our craft day at Bagdad (Tasmania that is,and not the other Baghdad) last Saturday, and it went down a real treat,as it uses this months SOTM S1606 ‘The Long Way Home’
I have also incorporated a 1′ spinner circle using the petrol pump stamp. One side is Black and the other side is Cranberry red.
Sorry everyone but there is no video today. Technical difficulty ( um that would be me) but I promise that when I come back from my trip I’ll put one up 🙂
So here are the measurements:
Card: 5-1/2’ x 4-1/4 Value pack cards
Card stock: Cranberry 1-1/4’ x 5-1/4’ cut 2
Paper: Magical (striped side) 1’ x 5’ cut 2
Front Layers: Black– 2-1/4’ x 3-1/3’
Crystal Blue– 2’ x 3-1/4’
White Daisy-1-3/4’ x 3’
White twine: 4’ piece split into 2 threads for spinner
Stamp of the month: The Long Way Home S1606, A Bunch of Love (greeting)
- Place the card in to your trimmer at 5-3/4’ and cut.
- Taking the piece that you cut away, cut 1-1/2’ off (this is the bottom panel of the card).
- With the small piece left, cut 2’ off and then cut that piece in a 1/2′ strip for the greeting. (You need to cut the 2′ first or you wont have room for the stamping).
- With the piece left over, stamp the petrol pump twice, one in Black ink and one in Cranberry ink, then using the 1’ circle punch, punch then out.
- Add adhesive to the back of one of the circles and place in the middle of the 2 strands of twine, down the centre. Add the second circle to the back.
- Add a very small amount of 3L E-Z Dots Adhesive to the bottom corners of the 1-1/2’ bottom panel and attach to the bottom of the card (This holds it into place so that you can add the spinner and the front layers).
- Place a mark 1’ in, onto the top and bottom section of the card. Add a large glue dot to the marks and place the spinner into the middle section. Make sure that the twine is straight and press on to the two glue dots.
- Layer up the Magical and Cranberry. Attach to the top and bottom to cover up the glue dots.
- Stamp the Kombi in Cranberry ink onto the white Daisy, then layer it up on the Crystal Blue and Black.
- Attach to the front of the card by lining the edges up with the cranberry pieces, as shown in the pic.
- Taking the small 2’ x 1/2′ piece, stamp the Best Wishes onto it and then dove tail the end. Dauber around the edges using Cranberry ink. Place on the bottom of the card.
- Gently open the card and using the Rub & Remove Eraser, rub away the adhesive dots.
Paper: Magical X7209B
Adhesives: 3L E-Z Dots tape runner Z3022, Glue Dots 3/8′ 1772
Twine: White Z3216
Rub and Remove eraser Z1207 (best tool you will ever own)
Well my bags are packed and I’m ready to fly, I’m winging my way to the USA for the Close to My Heart Convention in Orlando, Florida. But first off we will have a few days in New York and Washington. I’m sooooo excited.
Maybe I might even meet some of you there 🙂
So I’ll see you in a couple of weeks.
Till next time keep on creating 😉
Love Collsey xxx