Hi every one 🙂
Well I’m finely back from the Close to My Heart Convention in America, and what a fantastic time we had over there.
So Many new products and papers to share, but I’ll have to wait till August to be able to share them with you.
So on with this blog.
This was the one that I meant to put up before I went away, but the computer and I had a melt down, and I lost it some where in cyberspace.
So I’ve had another go and this time it worked.
So here is the Fold Flat Box that I found on Elaine Jackson’s blog.
We made this in my advanced card class in May.
So here are the measurements, the cutting guide and the video:
Card sock: 12’ x 11-1/2’
Score on the 11-1/2’ side @ 3-1/2’ & 5-1/2’. Then turn to the other end and score @ 1/2’ & 2-1/2’
Score on the 12’ side @ 5/8’ & 2-5/8’. Turn to the other end and score @ 5/8’ & 2-5/8’
Paper Pieces: cut 2 @ 3-1/4’ x 6-1/2’
Cut 2 @ 1-3/4’ x 6-1/2’
Cut 2 @ 1-3/4’ x 3-1/4’
- Fold and burnish all the score lines.
- Using the cutting guide. Cut and trim away the pieces as shown.
- Attach all the paper to the front, back, side and end panels.
- Using the thumb notch punch. Punch about a 1/8’ from both ends of the front as shown.
- Using the corner rounder, round all 4 of the corners of the 5/8’ flaps on the top and bottom of the box.
- Make sure that you cut very thin wedges from the 2’ side panels as shown in the diagram (because if they are to big then the lids will not stay closed).
- Add glue to the 1/2′ side panel and fold the other side over to form the box. Give the glue a minute to adhere.
- Tuck the top and bottom ends in to finish the box.
- If you wished to make a few of these boxes then you can pull the ends out and lay them flat for storage, until you need them.
Paper: La Vi En Rose X7201B
Card stock: Pomegranate X5780
I hope that you enjoyed this project and give it a go.
So till next time, keep on creating 🙂