Hi everyone 🙂
On the 4th of September, we celebrate Fathers Day here in Australia. So I thought that I would get a head start by making some Fathers Day cards to share with you all.
These two cards follow the same pattern as the Tuxedo card that we made a couple of months ago, but I really liked the style and it worked really well with the Magical paper, even though its only a very small piece. The card stock that I have used is Crystal Blue with White Daisy and Slate with White Daisy.
The small piece at the neck is Champagne and this gives a nice flesh tonne to the card.
I have used a couple of red gems for the tie pins (as every card needs a little bit of bling on it). The stamp set used is from the seasonal expressions 2 catalogue, on page 23, Day for Dad C1645.
Here are the measurements and the video:
Crystal Blue card stock: 8-1/2’ x 5-1/2’ Score on the 8-1/2’ side @ 4-1/4’
White Daisy Banner pieces: 1st 4-3/8’ x 3’
2nd 4’ x 2-1/2’
Champagne neck piece: 2-1/4 x 1”
1 tie cut from magical B & T paper, the Artiste Cartridge page 75, accent 3 , cut at 4 -1/4’
- Fold and burnish the card.
- Cut the two White Daisy pieces into banners as shown.
- On top of the smaller banner cut in 1/2′. Then fold back about 1/2′ in from the edge.
- On top of the larger banner add the neck piece which is champagne.
- Attach the larger one with tape runner to the top of the card.
- Add tape runner to the smaller one and place on top of the larger one.
- Attach the tie to the top of the white banners under the collar section.
- Attach one red gem towards the bottom of the tie.
- Stamp the Happy Fathers Day in the matching ink onto a small piece of White Daisy card stock and attach to the front of the card.
Stamp set: Day for Dad C1645
Paper: Magical X7209B
Gems: Enamel Red Gems Z3090
If you have a small Happy Birthday stamp, this makes a great card for any male in your life.
I hope that you like this card and give it a go.
So till next time.
Keep on creating 😉