Hi everyone 🙂
I’m sorry for the long delay from my last post, but what I thought was just the flu turned out to be viral pneumonia.
There wont be a video this week, as I don’t think that you would be able hear me through all the coughing.
So here is the card for this week. It’s a Concertina card.
I found this on Pinterest from The Crafty Owl UK.
This card is for my Mum’s Birthday today,and I’ve made it in the new Swan Lake paper and the stamp set with the Thin Cuts “Thankful for You” Z4007.
Here are the Measurements and cutting guide:
Cut from one piece of paper: cut 2 @ 12′ x 4′ and cut 1 @ 10′ x 4′
Score on the 12′ side @ 2-1/2′, 5′, 7-1/2′ & 10′
Score on the 10′ side @ 2-1/2′, 5′ & 7-1/2′
Back Matting: 2-1/4′ x 3-1/2′ cut 10
Matting: 2-1/8′ x 3-3/8′ cut 10
front panel: 1-3/4′ x 3′ cut 10
side panels: 2-1/4′ x 4′ cut 2
- Fold and burnish all the score lines.
- On the 2′ section of the two 12′ x 4′ pieces. Make a mark at 1′ on the top and bottom plus make a mark at 2 ‘on the 4’ side.
- Place this into your trimmer so that the marks are in the cutting channel, and cut away.this should leave you with a point on the ends.
- Place the two 12′ x 4′ pieces to either end and place the 10′ x 4′ piece in the middle so that the two, 2-1/2′ ends overlap the 12′ , 2-1/2′ sections as show.
- Taking the two side panels, make a mark on the 2-1/4′ top and bottom @ 1-1/4′ and make a mark @ 2′ on the 4′ side.
- Place these two pieces into your trimmer and trim off the same as the paper.
- Add adhesive to the back of the paper and attach the card stock so that 1/4′ edge shows. As shown.
- Layer up the back matting panel and matting panel and place on to the 2-1/2′ x 4 ‘ sections.
- Using the Typography Alphabet capitals, stamp out the word birthday as one letter on to each card.
- Using the 5 flowers from the stamp set in Glacier, Poppy, Peacock, Lemon and Tangerine ink. Randomly stamp the flowers around the letters.
- Stamp the word Happy from the “Finding the Words” onto the first panel.
- Punch a hole on the pointed end and tread a piece of ribbon through and tie into a knot.
- Stamp the Swans and their bills in VersaMark onto Peacock card stock and sprinkle White Embossing Powder. Set with a heat gun.
- Colour the bill in with the Marigold ShinHan marker.
- Stamp the wings Peacock ink onto White card stock, and cut the Swans and wings out using the Thin Cuts.
- Attach the wings with 3D foam tape, and attach the Swans to the front of the card as shown.
Now for the Box.
Card stock : 8-1/2′ x 6-1/4′ in Peacock
Matting panel: 4-1/8′ x 2-5/8′ in Poppy
Paper front panel: 4′ x 2-1/2′
Score the 8-1/2′ side @ 1′, 3-3/4′, 4-3/4′ & 7-1/2′
Score the 6-1/4′ side @ 1′ & 5-1/4′
Cut as shown in the cutting guide.
Add the card stock and paper as shown and place the adhesive as shown.
On the front section, measure in 1/2′ and cut back to the score line as shown.
Using the thumb notch punch. Punch out on the front section to form a finger hold on the lid.
Fold up the card and place in to the box.
Paper: Swan Lake X7212B
Card stock: Peacock X5776, Poppy X5779, White Daisy 1385
inks used: Lemon Z2808, Tangerine Z2809, Glacier Z2841, Peacock Z2849 & Poppy Z2852
Stamp set and Thin Cuts used: Thankful for You Z4007, Typography Alphabet E1032, Finding the Words D1646
This is the one that I made for my little Evie’s 1st Birthday. It’s made from the new Fundamental Adventure Z3253 paper in Raspberry X5788 and Whisper X5929, stamp sets Typography Alphabet E1032, Birthday Princess C1631
I hope that this all makes scents as it has taken me all day to do.
So till next time.
Keep on creating 🙂