Hi everyone 🙂
Here is box No. 6 of the advent boxes. This one is a very small self-closing box.
I just love this style of box as it can be made in any size that you care to make it in. For instance it can be made tall and thin or short and squat, it can be made large, medium or small. It is a very versatile box that can hold quite a lot of goodies.
So here are the instructions, measurements and video:
Card stock: 4’ x 3’ Crystal Blue 1292
Score on the 4’ side @ 1-3/4’ & 3-1/2’
Score on the 3’ side @ 3/4’ & 2-1/2’
Score a line down to the score line on the 3/4′ section on the 4’ side @ 1-3/8’ & 3-1/8’
White and Gold Twine Z4014 8′ long
- Using a ruler and a scoring tool. Score from the small score line to the bottom 1/2’ score line to form a triangle.
- Following the cutting guide. Remover the small rectangle at the 3/4′ bottom section and the small square at the top 1/2′ section, then cut up the lines as shown in the diagram.
- Fold and burnish all the score lines.
- Using a corner rounder, round the top 1/2‘ corners as shown.
- Add glue to the 1/2′ side section and close the other side over to form the box.
- For the bottom, gently squeeze the side in so that they form a square.
- Fold in to opposite side and the back then add glue to the front flap and close up to form the bottom, hold in this position till the glue dries.
- Punch a 1/8’ hole in the top and add some twine for hanging.
- Add the snowflakes to the front and the number to the back.
- Fill with lollies to finish.
This is the cutting guide. The shaded areas are the pieces that are to be cut away.
I found this box on Pinterest some time last year, so I do not know who to give the credit to for the style of this box.
I hope that you like this little box and give it a go.
So till next time,
keep on creating and bye for now 😉