Hi my crafty friends 🙂
When I first found this beautiful card I couldn’t wait to make it.
I had the stamp set in mind that I wonted to use and the colours that I thought would look good together.
The origonal card was made by Lisa Curcio at lisasstampstudio.com.
I add the measurements for the slashed section as my brain just couldn’t do a random cut like Lisa did.
So here are the measurements , cutting instructions and video:
Card: 5-1/2′ x 4-1/4′ Value Pack X254
Card front: 5-1/2′ x 4-1/4′ White Daisy 1385
Strip of Coloured card stock: 1/2′ x 12′ Raspberry X5974
- Place the card front on to your Versa Mat (in the corner on the left hand side with the 4-1/4′ across the bottom) and on the 5-1/2′ side make a mark @ 5′ & 5-1/4′
- On the 4-1/4′ bottom section make a mark @ 3-3/4′ and all so from the bottom up on the right hand 5-1/2′ side to the 2′ mark.
- Place the card front into your trimmer and place the 5’mark and the 3-3/4′ into the cutting channel and cut. Then place the 5-1/4′ mark and the 2′ mark into the cutting channel and cut. Keep the cut away piece as you will need this for the front of the card.
- Place the cut away middle section on to the card so that the corner is at the bottom and the top sits onto the side edge of the card. Using a pencil draw a line down both sides of this piece so that you know where to stamp.
- Stamp your images down the penciled in section (going over the edge of the pencil lines.
- Stamp the birthday greeting onto the bottom front section.
- Add adhesive to the back cut section of the front cut edge sections.
- Place the section onto the 1/2′ strip, as shown.
- Repeat this step with the top section, but place it onto the strip in the opposite direction, as shown.
- Using a pair of scissors, follow the line of the front sections to cut into points, as shown.
- Using 3D foam dots attach the bottom front section to the card.
- Add 3D foam dots to the top section and place onto the top of the card, as shown.
- Stamp out a flower and leaves, and using the thin cuts to match cut them out.
- Attach the flower to the top of the slash with 3D foam dots and add the leaves with tape runner around the flower onto the front section of the card.
- You can add some bling to finish if you wish.
I hope that you like this card, I find that every time I show it everyone wants the info on how to make it.
So till next time,
Keep on creating and bye for now 🙂
Colleen V xxx