Hi Crafty friends 🙂
Today’s project is not small by any means.
Actually it’s quite large.
It uses 2 pieces of black card stock and 1 sheet of patterned paper and when filled it will hold a 320g box of Cadbury Favourites, plus a little something else.
As this is my secret Santa gift for tonight, when we go out to dinner at 12 Stones.
So here is the box next to the one that i made early in the year. As you can see there is quite a big difference in size.
The smaller one measures: 4-1/4′ x 3-1/2′ x 2′
and the large one measures: 9′ x 6′ x 3′
I’m very happy with the way it turned out, and I though that I would share it with you.
Here are the Measurements, instructions and Video:
Black card stock 1386: 9-3/4′ x 12′ (you will need two of these pieces)
score on the 9-3/4‘ side @ 3′ & 9‘ do this on both pieces
Make a mark on both pieces on the 9-3/4′ side @ 1-1/2‘ (this will be in the 3′ side section)
score on the 12′ side @ 3′, do this on both pieces
Silver & Gold paper X7226B: 12′ x 12′ cut into two 12′ x 6′ pieces (either the Gold hearts or the gold strip paper)
Score on the 6′ side of one piece only : 1/2′
Cut a 2-1/2‘ circle Thin cut Z3318 from Black card stock.
Some Gold and White twine Z4014 and some wide Ribbon similar to the one I found in my stash.
- Fold and burnish all the score lines.
- Cut away the small rectangle at the bottom of one of the black panels and cut the vertical score line to the horizontal score line and notch in on the square flap.
- Repeat this step for the other black panel.
- Using a ruler and a scoring tool. Score a diagonal line from the bottom horizontal score line up to the 1-1/2′ mark at the top on the side 3′ section.
- Do the same on the other panel.
- Fold these triangles to the inside of the box.
- Add adhesive to the 3/4′ side section and place the side panel of the other piece to join the pieces together.
- Add adhesive to other 3/4′ side section and fold the other side panel on to it to form the box.
- Add adhesive to the two bottom side flaps and fold in closing the back in on top. Them add some adhesive to the front flap and close up onto the back flap to form the base of the box.
- Fold and burnish the 1/2′ score line on one of the front striped pieces.
- Adhere this to the top of the other piece to form a long piece of paper.
- Pinch the top of the box together and place the paper over the top so that the box can not spring apart, and fold the sides down and under the base of the box on both sides.
- Remove from the box and burnish the fold lines to give them a much crisper look.
- add adhesive to the smaller bottom section on the cover .
- Place the box back into the cover (make sure that you do not stick the side with the adhesive to the box) and fold the section back around and adhere together, but not to tightly as this cover needs to slip on and off the box.
- Using a 1/4′ hole punch. Punch a hole in the top of the tag.
- Stamp “Merry Christmas” on to the white circle that comes with the tags, in Black ink. And adhere to the black circle.
- Using glue dots adhere this to the gold glitter tag.
- Wrap the piece of ribbon vertically around the box and tie of the top with the White & Gold twine, leaving long tails to tie the tag to the front of the box.
- Use glue dots to secure the ribbon in place as this becomes the decoration on the box.
I hope that you like this large box and give it a go.
So till next time,
Keep on creating and by for now 🙂
Colleen V xxxx